Major gifts provide funding for priority projects within the Brown Cancer Center. To find out how your giving interests align with our current needs, please contact us at (502) 562-8021.
Comprehensive Breast Cancer Programs
Nationally, breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer among women. Until recently, women in the greater Louisville region would have to travel to nationally recognized cancer centers in other cities to seek access to a comprehensive approach to diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer. As a city with a tradition of strong medical care, no woman from this region should have to leave home to receive the best and most advanced approaches to the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer.
To this end, the Brown Cancer Center is embarking on a four pronged initiative to:
- Recruit nationally recognized breast clinicians
- Develop support for ongoing clinical and research activities
- Seek pilot funding to enhance “bench to bedside” research activities
- Enhance community outreach programs
What does a gift to the Comprehensive Breast Cancer Programs do?
- Address a critical need in our region as the regional referral center
- Attract clinicians with national reputations
- Support the multidisciplinary care focus
- Stimulate translational research through clinical trials
- Provide leading-edge technology
- Offer preventative care, support and educational service throughout our Commonwealth and the region
For additional information on how you can give to the Comprehensive Breast Cancer Programs, please contact us at (502) 562-8021