What to Bring to Your Initial Visit
- Your Medication
Please be sure to bring a list of all medications you take, including both prescriptions as well as those you buy over the counter. If you will need to take your medication anytime during your appointment time, please bring your medication with you.
- Insurance Card
Please bring your current insurance card(s) in addition to a photo ID. If you currently do not have insurance, please bring proof of income (income statement, W-2 form, etc).
- New Patient Packet
If you’ve received a new patient packet in the mail, please bring it with you to your appointment. Inside the packet is a patient history form that we ask you to fill out prior to your appointment. If you haven’t received a packet yet, please bring relevant health history information to your appointment.
Other Ways to Prepare for Your Appointment:
- Please feel free to bring a snack or lunch with you. Your initial visit may be one-three hours.
- Write down any questions or concerns you may have before your first visit.
- Please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment for registration
- Write down and bring any questions or concerns you may think of before your first visit.
- Bring any recent scans, x-rays and reports if you have them
- Vending machines and complimentary coffee/tea are available just in case you’re waiting a little longer than expected.
- Arrange for a friend or family member to come with you for support and to help listen and take notes if desired.
- Let us know whenever you change your address, telephone number, or insurance.
- Wheelchairs available.
If you have questions or need additional information, please call us at 562-HOPE (4673) at or 1-866-530-5516.